pamgarrett.com
      Family Stories

1941: Miss Elizabeth Anne Dalbey Weds Raymond Lockney


Dalbey - Lockney Engagement Announced

Mr and Mrs Carl Sheperd Dalbey, 2025 Northwest 26th, have announced the engagement and approaching marriage of their daughter, Miss Elizabeth Anne, to Raymond Atwood Lockney, 710 NW 16th, son of Mr and Mrs Joseph Lockney, Houstonia, Missouri. Rev W Ward Davis will read the vows, April 12 in the First Presbyterian Church. After a wedding trip to Kansas City, the couple will live in Oklahoma City. Miss Dalbey is a graduate of Oklahoma A&M college, Stillwater and attended Mary Baldwin college, Staunton, Va. Mr Lockney is connected with the LC Smith Typewriter Co in Oklahoma City.

Daily Oklahoman (Oklahoma City); 23 March 1941.



Miss Elizabeth Anne Dalbey Weds Raymond A Lockney

The Wedding of Mr and Mrs Raymond Atwood Lockney was solemnized Saturday at 8 pm in the First Presbyterian church.

Mrs Lockney is the former Miss Elizabeth Anne Dalbey, daughter of Mr and Mrs Carl S Dalbey, 2025 Northwest Twenty-sixth street, and Mr Lockney is the son of Mr and Mrs Joseph Lockney, Houstonia, Mo.

Candles, decked with fern, and smilax, were used across the choir loft in the church. Baskets of Easter lilies and six candelabra decorated the altar.

Preceding the bride down the aisle was Miss Eva Fairfax Boyd, Tulsa, maid of honor, who wore a gown of pink marquisette and lace. Her bouquet of pink rosebuds, sweet peas and Shasta daisies was arranged in colonial fashion.

Three bridesmaids, Miss Betty Ruth Mager, Miss Anne Martha Peterson and Miss Jane Lilly, wore pale blue marquisette with long sleeves and Peter Pan collars edged with lace. Their bouquets also were colonial. Their heart-shaped hats of marquisette were tied under the chin.

Mrs Charles Massall, Ada, was candlelighter. She wore pale green marquisette with short sleeves and a tiny, colonial-type hat made of fresh flowers.

The Bride, given in marriage by her father, wore a white satin wedding gown, fashioned on princess lines, and a long tulle veil. Her headdress was of rose point lace with insets of the rose point also placed at the corners of the veil.

The bride's bouquet was of callalilies and she wore a string of pearls, the gift of the bridegroom.

Mrs Dana Lewis Griffith played the organ, Miss Hope Housel the harp, and Mrs Jack Whitney sang Schubert's "Ave Maria" as well as several nuptial selections.

HN Kenny Brookings was best man. Ushers were Carl S Dalbey jr, Ponca City, Norman E Reynolds jr, William H Vick, Joseph Boyd, Tulsa and Barnett Waltz.

Mrs Lockney wore an apple green crepe dress and a pink camelia corsage, and Mrs Dalbey a gown of pink chiffon with an orchid corsage.

Immediately following the wedding a reception was given in the Dalbey home. The living room was decorated with Easter lilies. In the dining room, the serving table was decorated with a four-tiered cake trimmed with calla lilies and pink rosebuds. Two pink luster vases were used at either end of the table.

Assisting in the dining room were eight of the bride's close friends, Miss Martha Jean Mayfield and Miss Jean Marable, both of Norman; Miss Katherine Keller and Miss Patricia Evans, both of Shawnee; Miss Pauline Franklin, Tulsa, and Miss Adelaide Carter, Miss Joan Mastin, and Miss Katherine Cochran.

Mrs J Frank Nelson took charge of the wedding cake; Mrs Leonard L Meder of the punch bowl and Mrs Vick of the guest book.

In the receiving line with the bride and bridegroom were Mr and Mrs Dalbey, Mr and Mrs SW Boyd, Frank Dalbey and members of the bridal party.

After a wedding trip to Kansas City the couple will be at home at 432 1/2 Northwest Twenty-fifty street.

The Daily Oklahoma (Oklahoma City), 13 April 1941.